Register for QMAP Classes
Become a Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP). Classes are $80 and are conducted at the Arvada Jaycee Hall, located in Olde Town Arvada, Colorado. Park in the Olde Town Hub at 7510 Grand View Ave. From here, go north on Olde Wadsworth Blvd, then west on Grand View Ave. to Yukon and make a right. Then it's about 1 1/2 blocks to the building. View Parking Map and Parking in Olde Town Arvada.
Please print the Medication Administration Manual and Study Guide and bring to class; or obtain a copy in class for $5. Please make checks out to Kristina Baumer.
Ohana Guidance will travel to teach classes for a flat rate of $100.
**Classes require a minimum of five (5) students to occur.**
**Register for both QMAP and Heartsaver CPR/First Aid class for $100, a savings of $20.**
Ohana Guidance QMAP Classes
A QMAP can:
A QMAP isn't:
- Administer medications according to written physician's orders.
- Maintain proper documentation of the administration of both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- Use proper techniques when administering medications by various routes.
- Safely and accurately fill and administer medications to and from medication reminder boxes with oversight from a licensed person or qualified manager.
- Administer medications only in authorized settings:
- Assisted living residences.
- Adult foster care facilities.
- Alternative care facilities.
- Residential child care facilities.
- Secure residential treatment centers.
- State certified adult day programs.
- Program approved service agencies (PASA) serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
A QMAP isn't:
- Certified or licensed.
- Trained or authorized to make any type of judgment, assessment or evaluation of a client.